The best party foods are simple, elegant and easy to pick up and eat with one hand. That’s why these Alpine Asparagus Finger Rolls are always at the top of our list when we’re party-planning.
Thinly sliced, dry-cured capicola—similar to prosciutto—lays the flavor groundwork with a layer of saltiness and unctuous fat. Creamy seasoned cheeses bind the capicola to a marinated asparagus spear, and shavings of Roth Grand Cru Reserve turn up the dial from everyday to extraordinary.
Try serving these at your next dinner party, and don’t be surprised if they disappear fast.
Alpine Asparagus Finger Roll
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, washed
- ¼ cup balsamic dressing
- 7 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese spread
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, finely diced, patted dry
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
- 4 ounces capicola, 3″ round, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Grand Cru Reserve, shaved
- Trim bottoms of asparagus so that each spear is approx. 6 inches in length. Using a vegetable peeler, remove outer layer of skin.
- Place asparagus and balsamic dressing in a plastic bag or container. Seal tightly and marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Combine garlic and herb spread, black pepper, roasted red peppers and chives in a mixing bowl; stir until well combined.
- Layer 2 slices of capicola so they overlap slightly.
- Spread 1 tablespoon garlic and herb mixture over sliced meat.
- Layer 2-3 Grand Cru Reserve shavings on top of spread.
- Place a marinated asparagus spear onto one end of meat and gently roll meat and cheese around asparagus.