Tried and true roast beef sandwiches are new again with Roth’s Grand Cru®. Chef Regi Hise, corporate chef at Emmi Roth USA, Madison, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup port or Madeira
- 1 medium baguette (approx. 12-14 inches)
- 8 ounces deli roast beef, shaved or thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Roth Grand Cru®, sliced
- 1 cup au jus or dark beef broth
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- Over medium heat, sauté onions in butter until soft, lightly browned and caramelized. Turn heat to medium-high, add port or Madeira and cook until liquid has almost evaporated. Set aside until serving.
- Split baguette down the center, leaving loaf intact. Place Grand Cru® Original in bottom of baguette; top with roast beef and caramelized onions. Wrap baguette in aluminum foil and bake for 20–25 minutes or until hot and steamy.
- To serve, remove aluminum foil and slice baguette in half. Serve each portion with a small cup of hot au jus or beef broth for dipping.