With this recipe, mac & cheese has never been more sophisticated and delicious. Chef Jeff Rossman, Terra Restaurant & Bar, San Diego, CA
- 1 pound mini penne
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 quart milk, warmed
- 8 ounces Roth GranQueso®, shredded
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt (plus additional for water)
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, ground
- Lobster Cream Sauce
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 pound lobster meat, cooked and chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- In a large pot, cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook flour-butter mixture for approximately 1 minute or until thickened (do not allow mixture to brown). Slowly stir in warm milk, whisking constantly until thickened and well combined.
- Stir in Roth GranQueso®, salt, and pepper and cook until cheese has fully melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and stir to combine.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a 10”x13” casserole dish coated with nonstick spray. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until edges and top are lightly browned. Meanwhile, prepare lobster cream sauce (recipe below).
- To serve, plate mac & cheese on individual serving dishes and top with lobster cream sauce.
Lobster Cream Sauce
- In medium saucepot over medium-high heat, bring heavy cream to a gentle boil and reduce until thickened (do not allow cream come to a rolling boil).
- Stir in lobster meat and season with salt and pepper.