These Caribbean-seasoned sandwiches are the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.
- ½ pound (2 cups) roasted pork, shredded
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 arepas bread or whole grain thin pitas
- 1½ cups Roth® Ultimate Firehouse shred blends
- ¾ cup mango salsa
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- Coat shredded pork with jerk seasoning.
- Heat 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add pork to sauté pan and crisp brown the meat for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Wipe sauté pan clean, adjust heat to medium and dry sauté the arepas bread until lightly browned (approx. 1 minute). Flip bread and immediately cover each piece with ¼ of Roth® Ultimate Firehouse Blends. Cook for additional one minute until bottom of the bread is hot and slightly crispy.
- Top each piece of bread with ¼ of pork filling and fold in half. Top with mango salsa, cilantro and a fresh squeeze of lime.