Serve something unexpected with these stuffed endive bulbs that are bursting with flavor. Adapted from Joanne Weir, Chef/cookbook author
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large bulbs endive
- 4 ounces Roth Buttermilk Blue®, crumbled
- ¼ cup fig jam
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add onions and thyme, season with salt and pepper, and cook until onions are soft and caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 30-40 minutes. (This mixture can be made a day in advance and refrigerated).
- Cut ½ inch off the bottom of each head of endive and discard outer leaves. Separate leaves, rinse, dry and store in a single layer under damp towels for up to 4 hours.
- Fill the base of each endive leaf with the warmed caramelized onion mixture, distributing evenly.
- Top with ½ teaspoon Roth Buttermilk Blue® and a dollop of fig jam; place on a platter and serve.