Upgrade Grandma’s famous scalloped potatoes and ham with Roth’s 5 Peppercorn Raclette.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup smoked ham, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large russet potatoes, sliced ¼” thick
- 2½ cups Roth® 5 Peppercorn Raclette, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F and grease an 8” x 8” baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and sauté onions, garlic and ham until tender.
- Stir flour into mixture, then immediately add cream. Reduce heat to medium and bring to simmer, stirring occasionally.
[Variation: Replace flour and heavy cream with 1 can of cream of celery or mushroom soup and ½ cup milk.]
- Add sliced potatoes, Roth® 5 Peppercorn Raclette and nutmeg; remove from heat.
- Transfer into prepared baking dish and bake 45 minutes until golden brown.