1 pound turkey or chicken breast
¾ cup Roth® Ultimate Flatbread shred blends
¼ cup white wine
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup parsley or chives, diced
- Cut the turkey breast into long, thin, fingerlike “straws.”
- Place cheese, wine, mustard and garlic in a blender. Blend until a smooth paste forms. The paste should be the consistency of a thick dressing. If need be, add more wine.
- Dip or roll the turkey straws into the cheese mixture, leaving the upper ⅓ of the turkey straws free of dressing so guests can pick them up.
- Roll the dipped end in the chopped herbs.
- Arrange straws on a platter with the clean end facing out so guests can easily grab them.
- Wine can be replaced with water and a squeeze of lemon.
- Add a dash of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce or other flavoring as you like.
- Note: you can make these a day in advance, but roll the straws in the herbs right before serving so they don’t get brown.