Roth’s Horseradish Havarti makes for a delicious sandwich every time. Chef Jeff Orr, Cocoliquot, Madison, WI
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 crusty sandwich rolls, split, lightly toasted and buttered
- 1 six-ounce top sirloin steak, grilled medium rare and sliced across the grain into ¼ inch slices
- 4 slices Roth Horseradish Havarti
- Cornichons to garnish
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat and sauté onions until soft, lightly browned, and caramelized. Turn heat to medium-high; add vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook until most of the vinegar has evaporated.
- Evenly layer two halves of rolls with steak and onions. Top with Roth Horseradish Havarti.
- Place sandwiches in a hot oven or under broiler until cheese has melted. Top with remaining rolls and garnish with cornichons.