This mac & cheese is savory and creamy at the same time, and mushroom lovers won't be able to put it down.
- ½ pound pasta
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces Cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cream sherry
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups Roth® Ultimate Mac & Cheese shred blends
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente, drain and leave warm to add to finished sauce.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add butter, garlic, thyme, onion and mushrooms. Sauté onion-mushroom mixture for approx. 5-8 minutes until it caramelizes. Add sherry to deglaze the skillet.
- Combine half and half and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in half & half mixture and bring to light simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Slowly add Roth® Ultimate Mac & Cheese shred blends until fully melted. Stir in cooked pasta and heat thoroughly.