These fresh asparagus rolls can accompany any springtime dish.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, washed
- ¼ cup balsamic dressing
- 7 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese spread
- Pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, finely diced, patted dry
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
- 4 ounces capicola, 3” round, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Grand Cru® Reserve, shaved
- Trim bottoms of asparagus so that each spear is approx. 6 inches in length. Using a vegetable peeler, remove outer layer of skin.
- Place asparagus and balsamic dressing in a plastic bag or container. Seal tightly and marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Combine garlic and herb spread, black pepper, roasted red peppers and chives in a mixing bowl; stir until well combined.
- Layer 2 slices of capicola so they overlap slightly.
- Spread 1 tablespoon garlic and herb mixture over sliced meat.
- Layer 2-3 Grand Cru® Reserve shavings on top of spread.
- Place a marinated asparagus spear onto one end of meat and gently roll meat and cheese around asparagus.