This rich and savory quiche is a delicious addition to a brunch spread. Chef/owner Karen Small, The Flying Fig, Cleveland, OH
- 1 9-inch store-bought or homemade pie crust, prebaked
- ¼ pound bacon, chopped
- ½ pound oyster and shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small leeks, cleaned, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 8 ounces Roth Grand Cru®, grated
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F.
- Sauté bacon in a skillet; when fully cooked, remove bacon and reserve half of the drippings in the skillet.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes until tender. Add leeks and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Return bacon to skillet, season mixture with thyme, nutmeg, chives, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Vigorously beat eggs; beat in cream and milk.
- Layer Grand Cru® Original and bacon mixture onto crust; pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake quiche for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚ F and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Remove quiche from oven and allow to cool at least 1 hour before serving.