Find unexpected flavors in this fiery mac & cheese made with Roth’s Ultimate Firehouse shred blends.
- ½ pound pasta
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, mined
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ⅓ cup poblano pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup chorizo sausage, diced
- 1½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1½ cups Roth® Ultimate Firehouse shred blends
- Cook pasta al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; add butter, garlic, onion, poblano and roasted red pepper and sauté 3 minutes until softened.
- Add chorizo and continue to sauté until sausage releases its seasoned oils, approx. 2 minutes.
- Combine half and half and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in half and half mixture and bring to light simmer until sauce slightly thickens.
- Slowly add Roth® Firehouse Ultimate Blends and continue to stir until fully melted.
- Stir in cooked pasta and heat thoroughly.
- Serve immediately for a creamy pasta dish or spoon into baking dish and bake at 425° F until golden and bubbly, approx. 12-15 minutes.