1 sheet puff pastry
⅓ cup fig preserves
1½ cups Roth® Ultimate Flatbread shred blends
1 tablespoon pasteurized eggs
1½ tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons sugar
¼ cup hazelnuts, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place puff pastry on a work surface. On the two outer sides, cut approximately six diagonal marks to outside of crust.
- Smear fig preserves in center of puff pastry. Top with cheese.
- Fold up each strip of outside pastry with alternate crisscross braid.
- Mix together the egg and milk. Brush egg/milk mixture onto tart and sprinkle with sugar and crushed hazelnuts.
- Placed in oven and cook until golden brown, roughly 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 3-5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Optional: top with honey yogurt or ice cream.