Freshen up your typical potato salad with Roth’s Dill Havarti. Adapted from Patricia Cobe, food editor
- 2 pounds small red or Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2½ teaspoons sugar
- 1¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, slivered
- 6 ounces Roth Dill Havarti, cut into strips
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh pea shoots or blanched peas
- ¼ cup dill or parsley, chopped
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large pot; add 1½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook just until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Cool potatoes slightly. Meanwhile, prepare dressing: whisk together vinegar, mustard, sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined.
- Cut warm potatoes into quarters; add potatoes and red onion to dressing mixture and toss. Add Roth® Dill Havarti, salmon, tomatoes, pea shoots, dill or parsley and pepper to taste; toss again.
- Chill or serve at room temperature.