Quick and easy crostini is always the perfect choice – especially when you’re using Roth’s Buttermilk Blue®. Adapted from Joanne Weir, Chef/cookbook author
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces Fontina cheese, coarsely grated
- 3 ounces Roth Buttermilk Blue®, crumbled
- 12 slices coarse-textured bread, toasted
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until liquid has evaporated, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Add parsley, thyme and mint, and stir to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Remove mushrooms from heat, allow to cool and gently stir in cheese.
- Distribute mushrooms and cheese on top of toast. Place crostini on baking sheet in a single layer and broil until cheese has melted.
- Place on a platter and serve.