Buffalo chicken tastes better with Roth’s Buttermilk Blue®. Chef Rhys Lewis, The American Club, Kohler, WI
- 4 four-ounce chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Roth Buttermilk Blue® dressing (recipe below)
- 4 ounces Roth Buttermilk Blue®, crumbled
- 4 hard rolls, split and toasted
- Baby greens
- Buttermilk Blue Dressing
- 16 ounces Roth Buttermilk Blue®, crumbled
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup sour cream
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place flour, eggs and bread crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Toss chicken lightly in flour, batter with eggs and coat with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken breasts in hot oil in an ovenproof skillet and cook until golden brown on each side. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Brush both sides of chicken breast with hot sauce.
- Spread the bottom of each roll with Roth Buttermilk Blue® dressing. Place chicken breast on roll and top with baby greens with crumbled Roth Buttermilk Blue®. Cover with top of roll.
- Serve with celery and carrot sticks and extraRoth Buttermilk Blue® dressing, for dipping.
Buttermilk Blue Dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.