This creative recipe takes the ingredients found in a BLT and turns them into a tasty mac & cheese dish.
- ½ pound pasta
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces Roth® Ultimate Mac & Cheese shred blends
- 30 spinach leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1 large tomato, ½” dice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta al dente, approx. 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat; cook bacon until just slightly crispy, then add garlic and onion and sauté until softened, approx. 3 minutes.
- Combine half and half and cornstarch in a separate bowl. Reduce heat to medium, add half and half mixture to pan and bring to light simmer; stir until sauce slightly thickens.
- Slowly stir in Roth® Ultimate Mac & Cheese shred blends until fully melted. Add warm pasta and heat thoroughly.
- Before serving, add fresh spinach and tomato and warm for one minute.