Greek flavors plus a few unexpected additions make for a delightful club sandwich. Chef Regi Hise, corporate chef at Emmi Roth USA, Madison, Wisconsin
- 6 thin slices whole grain bread
- ½ cup hummus, divided
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4-6 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 6 slices Roth Van Gogh® Natural Smoked Gouda
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup edamame, cooked, cooled and divided (or bean sprouts)
- ½ small English cucumber, sliced into thin ribbons
- ½ yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- ½ red pepper, seeded and sliced
- Spread hummus evenly on four slices of bread for the top and bottom pieces. Layer two bottom slices with avocado, lettuce leaves, tomato and Roth Van Gogh® Natural Smoked Gouda.
- Spread mayonnaise (or additional hummus) on both sides of remaining (center) two slices. Place slices on top of bottom layer.
- Layer center slices with edamame or sprouts, cucumber ribbons and peppers. Top with remaining two slices of hummus-spread bread. Secure with a toothpick, if necessary.