Having a tapas party? Serve these “crazy potatoes” as a warm appetizer, or offer them in individual ramekins as a tasty side dish. Stir in roasted chicken to make a heartier version. Chef Jasper Mirabile, Jasper’s and Marco Polo’s Italian Market, Kansas City, MO
- 4 Idaho potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1½ cups Roth Buttermilk Blue®, crumbled
- 1½ cups Grand Cru® Reserve, shredded, divided
- 6-8 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ pound prosciutto, chopped
- Salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- 1½ cups Half and half
- ¼ cup green peas
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Blanch potatoes in boiling water; drain and pat dry.
- Grease a casserole dish or ramekins with butter; layer half of the sliced potatoes on the bottom of the dish.
- Top potato layer with white onions, green onion, Roth Buttermilk Blue®, 1 cup Grand Cru® Reserve, mushrooms and prosciutto. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Top casserole with a layer of remaining potatoes; pour half and half over entire casserole and sprinkle with ¼ cup Roth Grand Cru® Reserve.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove casserole from oven, top with green peas and remaining Roth Grand Cru® Reserve and bake for 5 additional minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven and cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.