Vegetarians rejoice for this grilled portobello sandwich topped with Roth’s Peppadew® Havarti.
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces Roth Peppadew® Havarti, sliced
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 4 tablespoons spread (recipe below)
- 1 ounce fresh spinach, washed
- 2 large roma tomatoes, sliced
- 8 spears asparagus, grilled and chopped
- 8 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Prepare spread.
- Preheat grill.
- Clean mushroom caps; mix together garlic, olive oil, basil, thyme and pepper and brush onto mushroom caps.
- Place mushrooms on grill cap side down; grill for approx. 5-7 minutes. Turn caps over, top with Roth Peppadew® Havarti and grill for 2-5 additional minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Toast ciabatta rolls and top with spread; layer hot mushroom, spinach, tomatoes and asparagus onto rolls.
- Place ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Refrigerate leftover spread, or serve as a dip for fresh veggies.