This grilled shrimp sandwich is a twist on the classic buffalo sauce and blue cheese combination.
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 celery rib, julienned
- 1 cup Roth Buttermilk Blue® dressing, divided (see below)
- 16-20 large shrimp, shelled, deveined, tails removed
- 1-2 tablespoons Old Bay® seasoning
- 1 cup Frank’s® Red Hot® Buffalo Wings sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, diced
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- 3 ounces Roth Buttermilk Blue®, crumbled
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Add carrot, celery and ¼ cup Roth Buttermilk Blue®dressing to a small mixing bowl and stir well to create a slaw.
- Season shrimp with Old Bay® seasoning, skewer and place on grill; cook shrimp for approx. 1-2 minutes on first side and 1 minute on second side.
- Heat buffalo sauce in a large bowl in microwave for 30 seconds. Add grilled shrimp and toss well.
- Place rolls on grill to lightly toast.
- To assemble sandwiches, evenly distribute tomato and lettuce on toasted rolls. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of Roth Buttermilk Blue® dressing and grilled shrimp. Garnish with carrot and celery slaw and use remaining Roth Buttermilk Blue® dressing for dipping.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- Add ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Refrigerate several hours (or overnight) prior to serving