The Ultimate Firehouse shred blends lend a spicy and smoky flavor to this tuna melt.
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seafood seasoning
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1½ cups Roth® Ultimate Firehouse shred blends
- Lettuce and tomato for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning and chipotle powder (optional). Mix gently and season with salt and pepper.
- On greased pan, place sliced bread and equally divide tuna mixture among four slices.
- Combine half and half and cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Top each with equal amounts of Roth® Ultimate Firehouse shred blends. Bake 6-8 minutes.
- Garnish with lettuce and tomato, as desired.