Combine the three gooey cheeses below for a fondue that’s sure to delight.
- ¾ pound Grand Cru® Original, shredded
- ¾ pound Grand Cru® Reserve, shredded
- ½ pound Roth® Fontina, shredded
- 16 ounces Pinot Grigio or other light to medium-bodied white wine
- Nutmeg, black and white pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf crusty artisan bread
- Fresh apples, grapes and pears
- Combine cheese and wine in a ceramic fondue pot and stir to combine. Allow mixture to soak for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat the mixture over low heat for approximately 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Do not allow mixture to boil. When the cheese has melted completely, remove from heat and transfer to a tabletop burner.
- Serve fondue with chunks of bread and fruit. If desired, dip bread and cheese into pepper and/or nutmeg that has been sprinkled onto a plate. Pair with a chilled dry Riesling and a shot of authentic Swiss kirschwasser.