You can’t go wrong with the crispy crust and gooey cheese of these empanadas.
- ¾ cup deli roasted chicken, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups Roth® Fontina, shredded
- 1 cup spinach leaves, rinsed, dried, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts), rolled
- Preheat oven to 400°F. and lightly grease cookie sheet or baking pan.
- In a 1-quart mixing bowl, combine chicken, Roth® Fontina, spinach, chili powder and ranch dressing; mix well.
- Add tomatoes and gently fold into mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll both pie crusts, cut into quarters and place ⅛ of chicken mixture on one side of each triangle of dough.
- Fold crust over (to make a triangular piece) and pinch edges together to seal.
- Place on cookie sheet and cut a ½-inch slit in the top of each empanada to release steam; cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.