Fold wonton wrappers around Roth’s Buttermilk Blue® cheese and other ingredients for a fun side dish. Chef Dan Fox
- 1 cup Roth Buttermilk Blue®
- ¾ cup dried black mission figs
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 1 pinch salt
- 25 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg
- 1 quart vegetable or canola oil
- Combine Roth Buttermilk Blue®, figs and port wine in a food processor and process until well combined. Season with salt.
- Place approximately 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture in the center of each wonton.
- Beat egg to create egg wash, and brush egg wash along edge of wonton.
- Fold edges of wonton, seal and form into desired shape.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or deep fryer to 350˚F and fry wontons (6-8 at a time) until golden brown.